Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Fudgeboat



Oh, the Fudgeboat... can you think of a better place to hang out? Thirty or more flavors of homemade fudge, plus 16 flavors of premium hard ice cream, still-warm waffle cones, fresh chocolate covered strawberries, saltwater taffy, roasted nuts... I could go on, but I won't torture you. This is where I work a few evenings a week. I typically spend my time scooping ice cream, but I also give samples of fudge and fill fudge orders.
Last week, a woman came into the shop and spent a good ten minutes debating what kind of treat to get. Fudge or ice cream? "How about a hot fudge sundae made with your choice of ice cream and whatever kind of fudge you want melted on top?" I suggested.
"Oh, I couldn't possibly do that; I just had seafood for dinner!" she replied, holding her belly.
After a few more minutes, she made her decision. "Give me three scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream on a chocolate dipped waffle cone."
I'm not quite sure how her belly felt later that night, but I liked her style.

2 comments:

  1. Can I buy a ticket to get on the Fudgeboat? It sounds like the best place on earth... I can smell the warm waffle cones right now...ok...I need to go to Bruester's right now and get my new favorite - Praline Pecan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha....i loved her style too!! and my god do i want to have your life!! this sounds like you are working in HEAVEN! :)

    ReplyDelete