Thursday, March 11, 2010

A trekking we will go!

We're packed up and ready to head out on our two-week trek to Mt. Everest base camp.  I'm about to head to bed; wake up call is at 4:35am in order to catch our early-morning flight to Lukla.  The plan is to walk from Lukla to Phakding or a bit farther tomorrow.  We'll stay at an inn owned by one of Nima's many cousins.  The following day we walk to Namche Bazar, the largest little town along the trail.  I am lugging our laptop along and I will be blogging my way to base camp and back.  I'll upload entries as often as I am able to depending on Internet access, electricity availablity, etc.  Until then, namaste! 

1 comment:

  1. Seeing you with Nima and his family in Nepal really makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Let him know all the Sherpa's are following him on the blog. He's a star!!

    ReplyDelete