Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let's talk about ice cream!

 

Yes, I thought that might get your attention.  
Gideon and I are on a serious mission.  We are researching ice cream shops.  And chocolate candy shops.  And cupcake shops.  And all shops yummy and sweet.

Today we had the opportunity to stop at a famous ice cream shop in Berkeley, California, called Ici.  Ici is French for "here".  I thought that was a strange name at first, but the reason for the name is that all of the sweets and ice creams are made daily, there at the store.  They specialize in making unique ice cream flavors with fresh, all local ingredients.  Here's run down of some of the flavors they had waiting for me today: coconut rum, honey lavender, Meyer lemon mint, cinnamon pecan, chocolate caramel, champagne grapefruit, mango passionfruit sorbet, blood orange, and a few more I can't remember.  All I have to say was that it was a real challenge to choose only two flavors.  I chose chocolate caramel and honey lavender; both were out of this world, crazy good.  I wanted to cry and sing, it was so yummy!  And I think I did cry when it was all gone.

Look how cute Ici is.



 

  

  

I know you smirked when you read that we are "researching" ice cream shops.  Well, it's true, we really are because we are kicking around the idea of opening our own ice cream and sweet shop some day.  It's a big idea right now, but one we are seriously considering.

So, here's where I need YOUR input.  Tell me your thoughts on ice cream and sweets.  What is your favorite ice cream flavor?  What are some unique flavors you've heard of or tried?  Do you prefer ice cream or gelato?  What do you look for in a ice cream or sweets shop?  What's your most memorable ice cream shop experience?  Tell me your deepest feelings, hopes and desires about ice cream.  For your feedback I will give you as many free ice cream cones as you could ever want when we open our own shop one of these days.  :)

P.S. Here's a link to Ici's website:  http://www.ici-icecream.com/index.html

4 comments:

  1. I look for:
    - taste/consistency you can't get in the grocery store.
    - an environment that supports hanging out with friends/family while enjoying ice cream.
    - I would think that using organic ingredients like grass fed cow milk would be a selling point these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like Greens rasberry icecream with choclate hearts it in. I like icecream with surprises in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gelato shops are my best ice cream experience. they make me think i'm in italy & living in style:). but my favorite tasting things are something crunchy in my cream...nuts, crunchy cookies, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey emily! loving your blog- a very nice distraction during my lunch hour! when you have the chance, here's another place to go check out that's great - Screamin' Mimi's ice cream in Sebastopol. Yummy! Let's get together soon - maybe a dinner with R & A and you guys?!

    ReplyDelete