Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Me and my big ideas

I just had a thought and instead of sitting and thinking about it for a day or two, I'm just going to go with it.

Here's my idea: I am going to write a blog entry EVERY SINGLE DAY this month, just as a challenge to myself.  Just to see if I can do it.  And because that's what real bloggers do--they write every day, right?  Instead of reasoning the feasibility or wisdom of the idea, I'm just going to put it out there for the world to see.  I'm catering to my impulsive self and I may be slapping myself for it this time next week.  Lucky for me, I had this idea on the first day of February, which just so happens to be the shortest month of the year.  Lucky break.

So, what does this mean for you, dear reader?  Let me break it down to you:
1. My entries may not be as polished as I like them to be.  There might be more typos... eeeek... than I, or any of us are comfortable with.
2. My entries will probably be shorter.  Hush.  I heard that sigh of relief.
3. I will shamelessly use photos to take up space and create quick entries if necessary.  But I'll make them fun.
4. I might have to get, um, serious, from time to time.  I might not be so fun and lighthearted, because, brace yourself, I am not fun and lighthearted every single day.  Just ask my darling husband.
5. I may get desperate for encouragement.  A comment on my blog sends me over the moon and will keep me writing to get more ego strokes.  I'm even kicking around the idea of sending baked goods to some randomly selected commenters...  I make some mean baked goods too.

So, there you have it.  And looky here... I already have two days down!

4 comments:

  1. Emily - what a wonderful idea. I'm sure you will be able to do it. Let me know if you need inspiration - I'm full of random ideas rolling around in my head. Embrace your "serious" side, and good luck! (now, where are my baked goods???) Katie V (I don't know how to do any other entry than anonymous, but I don't really want to be anonymous)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em,

    I can't wait for the blogs and the baked goods!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing who will come out of the woodwork for baked goods. Seriously, it is shameless for these "commentors" to do so JUST for the chance of baked goods. So....do I get any baked goods? Wait...I need to provide value in my comment in order to up my chances...how about this. On that dark day when the clock strikes 11:59 PM and you don't have your blog for the day done yet...do this. Just link to one of mine. BAM! Disaster averted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! something for me to read at work!! hahah...i swear i do actual work from time to time. ;) -Christina

    ReplyDelete